Welcome to RavishingScape!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server made by Aaron, forums made by Lucy and Rose.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

L0lx's pure guide

Go down 
+6
mod andrew
Lucy
Rose
@ Jimmy
@ Aaron
@ L0lx
10 posters
AuthorMessage
@ L0lx
Admin
Admin
@ L0lx

L0lx's pure guide Empty
PostSubject: L0lx's pure guide   L0lx's pure guide Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:43 am

Hey, I'm L0lx. I'm an experienced pure in real runescape, and in many other servers as well. I have pked with basically every type of account imaginable, and have loads of pking and pure knowledge. I love pking, and I do it for fun more than for profit (althrough some profit here and there is nice Wink). I made this guide to help other people make and train their pures, and learn some pking methods and techniques. Hopefully this guide can help you. (and yes, I'm a zerker pure now, there were no pures to fight :p but you can add my new pure, "Hybrid" is the name.)

I'll add pictures and more detail tomorrow Very Happy
To use quickfind, hold control and press F, then type in the code without the parentheses, (for example, if it says 0009(a), type it in as 0009a) and hit enter.

---Table of contents---
I. Types of pures ---------Quickfind code: 0001(a)
II. Starting off-------------Quickfind code: 0002(a)
III. Training methods-----Quickfind code: 0003(a)
IV. Pking equippment-----Quickfind code: 0004(a)
V. Pking techniques-------Quickfind code: 0005(a)
--------------------------

---SECTION I.---
Types of pures (0001a)

1. Ranged Pure
Stats: 1 attack, 1 strength, 99 range, 99 hp, 1 prayer, 1-94 magic
Strengths: Hits very high with range
Weaknesses: Has no very good special attacks (unless you have a d-bow)
Equippment explained in section IV.

2. Melee Pure
Stats: 60-75 attack, 99 strength, 1 ranged, 99 hp, 1-52 prayer, 1-94 magic
Strengths: Very high hits, great specials on other pures
Weaknesses: Weak against armor

3. Mage Pure
Stats: 1 attack, 1 strength, 1 ranged, 99 hp, 1 prayer, 94-99 magic
Strengths: Can freeze, low combat level
Weaknesses: Low hits, slow hits, weak against melee and range attacks, not reccomended

4. Hybrid
Stats: 50-75 attack, 99 strength, 99 ranged, 99 hp, 1-52 prayer, 94-99 magic
Strengths: Has a wide variety of options, very good hits, good specials, best type of pure (imo)
Weaknesses: None

---SECTION II.---
Starting off (0002a)
Look at the pictures at the bottom of this section for the location of each shopkeeper.
When you start out, pick a good name, or just pick whatever you want :p I picked L0lx because people from other servers know me as L0lx, and its easy to remember lol.
Pick what type of pure you want to be, then follow these steps.
-IF YOU PICKED RANGED PURE-
1. Go to the place where the shield shop is located in real runescape, and buy the following equippment (from brian and armour salesman)
About 200 rune arrows, a magic bow, about 1000 rune bolts, a rune crossbow, black dhide chaps, leather body, and a archers ring. (and if you can afford ranger hat and boots, buy them too.)
2. Then go to the general store, and buy an amulet of fury, and mith RFD gloves. (and an unholy book for looks if you want it)
IF YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY FOR THE STUFF YOU WANT, GO TO THE SKILLING AREA AND THIEVE FOR MONEY.
3. Go to the pub (or bar) and trade arlene and buy 50 range pots (you only have to click buy 10 once)
4. Then look at section III. for how to train.

-IF YOU PICKED MELEE PURE-
1. Go to the general store and buy the following equippment (from miles and giles)
One iron scimitar, (one mithril and addy scimmy if you want) one rune scimitar, one draggon scimitar, cimbing boots, mith RFD gloves, and whatever other equippment you want to make your character look cool.
If for some reason you don't have enough money for all the stuff you need/want, go to skilling area and thieve.
2. Then look at section III. for how to train.

-IF YOU PICKED MAGE PURE- (even though I advise against it)
1. Equippment for this is pretty much self-explanitory...just buy a bunch of runes, a fire staff, and full ghostly, from adbury, staff salesman, and giles (or miles, not sure which) respectively.
2. Look at section III. for how to train.

-IF YOU PICKED HYBRID-
1. Good job, you're gonna own xD
2. Pick what you want to train first, and follow the guides above for preparation.
3. Then look at section III. for how to train.

Locations:

L0lx's pure guide Guide212

L0lx's pure guide Guide311

L0lx's pure guide Guide411

SECTION III.
Training Methods (0003a)

If you want to train prayer, go to arlene and buy dragon bones. Only buy 50, that should be more than enough. Use the dragon bones on the alter at home, and you'll have your desired prayer level in no time. NOTE: be careful, you get experience in massive ammounts, be careful not to overshoot your level, if you're one or 2 levels away, you're safer just burrying the bones instead of using them on the alter.

Before you train anything, do the command ::food a few times, so you'll have some to train with.

NOTE: Training at the giant rats at white knight castle is the best and easiest training method, and one of the rats drops 250k each kill!! The picture below shows you which one it is that drops money. But if you get bored of rats, you can use one of the methods below.

L0lx's pure guide Guide112

-TRAINING A RANGED PURE-
1. Go unnote 5 of the ranged potions you bought, get the supplies from section II, and fill the rest of your inventory with mantas.
2. Go to the rock crabs (under the training teleport) and train (with rune arrows, you can use them with a normal bow) until you are 61 ranged.
3. Then equip your rune c'bow and rune bolts, and click on minigame teleports, and choose assult.
This part may be tricky, so make sure you have your mantas with you. Stand behind one of the low level guards, and attack a general, so it gets stuck behind the guard, and can't hit you. (Look at the picture below this for help.) Then train to 99 ranged!
Stand in the red circles and attack, and the general won't be able to hit you.
L0lx's pure guide Guide511
and
L0lx's pure guide Guide610
NOTE: once you hit 80 ranged, start drinking 1 dose of ranged potion each time you level, it will reduce your training time by alot.
Ranged is the fastest combat skill, so you should have 99 in no time.

-TRAINING A MELEE PURE-
1. Get your equippment from section II, and head to the rock crabs (under training teleports).
2. Train to your desired levels here, or once you get 60+ attack and 70+ strength, you can head to the daggonoths (make sure you bring plenty of food!)
3. Thats basically it, use the better equippment as you level up (DON'T USE A WHIP, YOU WILL TRAIN DEFENCE IF YOU DO.) You can bring strength and attack potions if you want to speed up the process a little bit as well.
4. Getting 99 strength takes a while (compared to ranged), so be prepared to grind a little bit.

-TRAINING A MAGE PURE-
1. Get your equippment, and do the same thing as the ranged pure, safe spot the general's at assault.
2. Or, you can train at the fight caves (jad) if you know how to safespot everything. (I may make a video for this if I feel like it later :p)
3. Mage training is as obvious as melee, just keep using better spells as you get higher levels.
4. Mage takes the longest to train, so be prepared to grind it out.

-TRAINING A HYBRID-
1. Choose what you want to train first, and follow the steps above.
2. Prepare for a long journey (not that long, maybe a few hours :p), because you have to train the most, but it will be worth it in the end.

SECTION IV.
Pking equippment (0004a)

Congratulations! You have completed your training, and are now ready to venture into the wild, and slay your foes. If you are not a hybrid, I highly suggest you become one, because they are deadly in all forms of combat, and are very tough to beat.

-RANGED PURE EQUIPPMENT-
Head: Robin Hood Hat (or anything you think looks cool if you don't want to risk it)
Body: Hard-leather body
Legs: Black dhide chaps
Weapon: Rune c'bow
Arrow slot: About 200 rune bolts
Gloves: Mith RFD gloves
Boots: Ranger boots (or climbing boots if you don't want to risk it)
Ring: Archer ring
Shield: Anything you want, preferably unholy book
Cape: Firecape (I'll put a guide), or skillcape

Inventory
For secondary weapon, Dark bow and ice arrows if you have it, if not, you can bring a magic bow and rune arrows if you want to, but you can always just use c bow, it owns.

Secondary weapon (optional), ranged potion, and the rest as mantas. (If you have 94 magic, bring venge runes as well)

-MELEE PURE-
Head: Anything you think looks cool
Body: Anything you think looks cool
Legs: Anything you think looks cool
Weapon: Dragon scimmy (or whip if you're 70 attack, but make sure you do ::lock!)
Arrow slot: None
Boots: Climbing boots
Ring: Bezerker ring
Shield: Unholy book
Cape: Firecape (I'll put a guide), or skillcape

Inventory
Secondary weapon can be dds, g maul, or ags if you're 75 attack and can afford it and want to risk it :p

Secondary weapon, super attack potion, super strength potion, and the rest as mantas. (and venge runes if you're 94 magic, and a prayer potion if you have prayer)

-MAGE PURE-
Once again I will say, I do not reccomend a mage pure for solo pking, you will most likely get thrashed unless you manage to farcast, in which case they will probably run or telly anyway. But, if you want to, here is the equippment.

Head: Ghostly hood
Body: Ghostly body
Legs: Ghostly skirt
Weapon: Ancient staff
Arrow slot: None
Boots: Wizard boots
Ring: Seers ring
Shield: Unholy book
Cape: God cape or firecape (god cape is higher magic bonus I belive)

Inventory
Runes needed for ice barrage, and the rest as mantas.

SECTION V.
Pking techniques (0005a)

-RANGED PURE-
Using a rune c'bow gives you the upperhand, because you can hit up to 49 with pots. The c'bow is very strong, and can be used by itself, buy if you want to use a magic bow with it, follow these instructions.
Start out with the magic bow and rune arrows. When you get the other person low, go to the tab where you choose your special attack. Right click on special attack, then press f3 to go to your inventory. When you want to use your special, click on special attack, then quickly change to your rune c'bow and bolts. If done right, this will be a devistating attack, and will most likely K0 your opponent.
If that is too complicated for you, practice it until you get it, or you can just use magic bow sometimes, and switch over to your rune c'bow for a quick but high hit. If you are 94 magic, use vengance every once in a while, and your opponent should be no problem.

-MELEE PURE-
Use the equippment from section IV, and use one of the following combos (or make up your own!)
I suggest using a dds instead of a g maul. Although the maul does hit very high, and will K0 your opponent pretty much every time if you get good hits, it is less common to get good hits with the g maul, and is a waste of special if it fails.
1. D scimmy and dds
2. Whip and dds
3. D scimmy and g maul
4. Whip and g maul (not reccomended)
5. Whip and ags
And of course, if you can get your hands on a vesta long or stat hammer, use it!
If you want to switch and special perfectly and quickly, use the following method.
Right click on the weapon you are going to special with, and press the ESC button (escape) to bring up the attack style menu. When your opponent is low, click wield, then quickly press the special button. This is much easier, and works great if perfected. If you are having trouble doing this, tell me and I'll make a video showing you how. (if you have 94 magic, use vengance every now and then)

-MAGE PURE-
Not much to explain here, attack your opponent and fire away :p
If you want to farcast, freeze your opponent and stand as far away as possible. Farcasting against rangers usualy doesn't work.

-HYBRID-
There is a VERY large variety of pking styles for hybrids, which is what makes them so good. Here is a list of some of the ways to PK with hybrids. (if there is a * next to it, that means I use this syle alot, and it works very well.)
NOTE: all of these methods include the spell vengance being used at strategic times (like when your opponent is low hp, or before the fight so you have an upper hand from the start.)

1. Rune c'bow and dds*
2. Rune c'bow and g maul*
3. Magic bow and g maul
4. Magic bow and dds
5. Rune c'bow whip and dds (for if they have protect from melee or range prayers)*
6. Rune c'bow and ags
7. Magic bow and ags
8. All methods mentioned in other guides

There are many other ways, and of course, you can use your own unique methods as well.

Specialing with a hybrid is the same as with a melee pure, see Melee pure guide.

Thanks for reading my guide, and I hope it helps!!
I'm looking forward to seeing you in the wilderness.

Please tell me if there is anything I left out, or did wrong. Ask me any questions you have about the guide, or tell me things I can do to improve it. All feedback is welcome. Please try to be constructive though, don't just write stuff like: "WOW DIS GIDE SUCKZ LAWL, U IZ NUB PKER!!!!!" because that doesn't help anyone.

If you need help with anything, I will probably be able to post a video or explain it better in game for you. If you have any other questions, feel free to add me in-game.

Last edited by L0lx on Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:33 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
@ Aaron
Admin
Admin
@ Aaron

L0lx's pure guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: L0lx's pure guide   L0lx's pure guide Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:51 am

AWSOME Man, Thanks for this, Maybe i make a pure Smile
Back to top Go down
https://ravishing-scape.darkbb.com
@ L0lx
Admin
Admin
@ L0lx

L0lx's pure guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: L0lx's pure guide   L0lx's pure guide Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 9:01 am

Very Happy thanks.
Back to top Go down
@ Jimmy
Forum Master
Forum Master
@ Jimmy

L0lx's pure guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: L0lx's pure guide   L0lx's pure guide Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 11:57 am

cheers My pure is the best Smile
Back to top Go down
Rose
Admin
Admin
Rose

L0lx's pure guide Empty
PostSubject: Nice   L0lx's pure guide Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 12:43 pm

Nice guide! This will help many players, we're lucky we got someone like you Wink Keep up the good work!
Took some time to read it Surprised study

~Rose
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Admin
Admin
Lucy

L0lx's pure guide Empty
PostSubject: Wow......*stunned*   L0lx's pure guide Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 12:49 pm

I'm incredibly proud that this guide is on my forums:D cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
@ L0lx
Admin
Admin
@ L0lx

L0lx's pure guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: L0lx's pure guide   L0lx's pure guide Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 1:10 pm

thanks for the compliments Very Happy I'm glad you all like it. Smile
Back to top Go down
@ Aaron
Admin
Admin
@ Aaron

L0lx's pure guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: L0lx's pure guide   L0lx's pure guide Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 4:24 pm

Thank's for updating picture's too. Smile
Back to top Go down
@ Jimmy
Forum Master
Forum Master
@ Jimmy

L0lx's pure guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: L0lx's pure guide   L0lx's pure guide Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 2:13 pm

Lucy wrote:
I'm incredibly proud that this guide is on my forums:D cheers Very Happy

Copied my cheers guy Razz
flower
Back to top Go down
mod andrew
Noob
Noob

L0lx's pure guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: L0lx's pure guide   L0lx's pure guide Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 2:18 pm

yeh nice guide seem like a good pure fought u on my pure beat u a few times =p. anyway if u ever think of being a main i will be making a 115+ hybrid clan. if u would like to i want u to join =o
Back to top Go down
@ L0lx
Admin
Admin
@ L0lx

L0lx's pure guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: L0lx's pure guide   L0lx's pure guide Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 2:32 pm

mod andrew wrote:
yeh nice guide seem like a good pure fought u on my pure beat u a few times =p. anyway if u ever think of being a main i will be making a 115+ hybrid clan. if u would like to i want u to join =o

Thanks Very Happy
don't forget I beat u a few times too :p

Eh, I might become a main if no one pks on pures. If I do I'll join Smile
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Noob
Noob
Mikey

L0lx's pure guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: L0lx's pure guide   L0lx's pure guide Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 1:10 pm

Wow......ehm..wow nice guide lol
how long did you spend on it?
Back to top Go down
@ L0lx
Admin
Admin
@ L0lx

L0lx's pure guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: L0lx's pure guide   L0lx's pure guide Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 2:01 pm

Mikey wrote:

like an hour and a half, maybe 2 hours
Back to top Go down
@ Aaron
Admin
Admin
@ Aaron

L0lx's pure guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: L0lx's pure guide   L0lx's pure guide Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 2:06 pm

L0lx wrote:
Mikey wrote:

like an hour and a half, maybe 2 hours

That's how much he care's about the server Wink :p
Back to top Go down
Nicholas
Noob
Noob

L0lx's pure guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: L0lx's pure guide   L0lx's pure guide Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 2:00 pm

Wow, thats a big guide lol. Keep em coming, they are really good dude!
Back to top Go down
@ ZealousIkki
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
@ ZealousIkki

L0lx's pure guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: L0lx's pure guide   L0lx's pure guide Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 10:38 am

Now i might start a pure =]
Back to top Go down
l e g e n d

L0lx's pure guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: L0lx's pure guide   L0lx's pure guide Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 2:03 pm

This guide is packed with useful information the best guide yet
Back to top Go down
@ Jimmy
Forum Master
Forum Master
@ Jimmy

L0lx's pure guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: L0lx's pure guide   L0lx's pure guide Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:05 pm

I'm in all the pictures except for the last Smile
Back to top Go down
@ Aaron
Admin
Admin
@ Aaron

L0lx's pure guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: L0lx's pure guide   L0lx's pure guide Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:28 pm

L0lx, Every body is loving this guide Smile...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

L0lx's pure guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: L0lx's pure guide   L0lx's pure guide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

L0lx's pure guide
Page 1 of 1